You Are Visitors

Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Rosetails (Bloody-Red & Metallic- Blue)

Today is 16 June 2007, it is a cloudy day

Dear Friends

You may have gone through my article which was posted on June the 14th in relation to the general description of Siamese Fighting Fishes, it is extremely difficult to perusade myself not to buy Bettas continuously as they come in all beautiful colors such as reds and dark blues...particular to the new generation Bettas (they have developed special color patterns, for instance: White, Yellow (rare), Metallic Blue, Orange and magenta..etc).

I wonder if my decision was exactly right or not, I bought another two Bettas from an aquarium in Mongkok yesterday....they are Two Rosetail Bettas (it cost me $60 per fish), the saleperson who advised me that if you keep a Betta fish in order to make the fight other Bettas, you will naturally have no incitements to breed fancy Betta fish with long, and the Betta's flowing fins that can easily be injured if you put it in a fight. His voice actually was touching my heart there at that moment!

Truely speaking, I have inclination to breed some fancy & viewable Bettas as their wonderful colors and fin shapes acutally amazed me very much. Maybe it is said to be "Love at first sight".

My Bloody-Red Rosetail (Picture 1)
This is one of my rosetails, it is a bloody-red Betta. The main characteristic of the rosetail is the excessive branching in all three unpaired fins, especially the excessive branching and the overlapping rays in the caudal, which produces a "rose-like" appearance.

The picture 1 shows my rosetail trying to spread its maximal spread of 160 degrees. This breed likes demonstrating its caudal fin to be halfmoon shape to the opponent, if the caudal fin could show a 180 degrees or more spread, then the form is defined as Halfmoon shape.
-
-
-
-
-
My Bloody-Red Rosetail (Picture 2)
This guy looks great even when not flaring and spreading, and when the do flare the effect is astounding; a huge tail that spreads straight up and straight down, full dorsal and symmetrical anal fin (see the picture 1 above)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My Metallic-Blue Rosetail Betta (Picture 3)
(Picture 3A and 3B)


(Picture 3C and 3D)

(Picture 3E)
From the above pictures (3A to 3E), my Metallic-Blue Rosetail Betta was flaring its gill covers and puffing out its fins to intimidate another Bloody-Red Rosetail, the act seems to be giving a warning sign to other fishes or to its opponent, and say to them "Leave me alone, don't disturb me here"...something like this!
-
As a beginner, I would like to invite you to have a look my new Bettas, and hope that my hobby in breeding Siamese Fighting Fishes can share knowledge and experience with you here. The last but not the least, if you want to turn on your Betta aggressive behavior, you are kindly recommended to use a mirror instead, don't put another Betta into the same container. Fighting will bring out the worthless reward and cause great damage to their body..............At that rate, you might feel acute distress at your Betta as she could hardly show you a Halfmoon Betta.
-
If you have any question, you can dial my 24-hour emergency hotline at 9125 9874 for more information.
-
With Best Wishes,
-
Ken Ngan
16 June 2007
21:46pm
-incitement (激勵)
-inclination (意願, 愛好)
-Halfmoon Form (呈半月形)
-Caudal Fin (尾鰭)
-Dorsal Fin (背鰭)
-Gill Covers (鰓瓣)
-Aggressive Behavior (具進取及激怒之表現)
-Rose-like (玫瑰花似的)

No comments: