You Are Visitors

Saturday, June 9, 2007

My tortoises

Dear friends

Welcome to my blog, I hope this blog will give you a place to take a short break and link up other friends who you may want to meet them here.

This blog will, certainly, bring you close to my life, to my new motion, and even let you to know more about me via a real angle that I show you more than I can say for you.

Today is 10 June 2007, time in HK is 17:06pm.

This rough report is dedicated to my mother for willingly accepting his son who has a passion for tortoises. She helps to care for and breed my favor tortoises at home everyday when I go out for working.


Quiet speaking, my mother also likes very much tortoises, especially for two heads of Geochelone Sulcata tortoises, they grow very fast and they are like goldfishes, as you may know that, goldfishes do not know when they are full, they eat more and more until they die in the aquarium.
A nickname "Eating Machine" is more suitable for sulcata tortoises. As for my house, my two sulcatas like exercising all the time in the house, they destroyed our sofa many times.....they are like a destructive tank (they grow toothed-shell in their margin) to trim my sofa chair.

-
-
-
-

-

They are extremely strong, powerful and inconsiderate tortoises, and they are like an eating machine, or I should say they are a non-timer machine, they will eat anything especially like a plant or any green color matter which I put in front of them.
<--- See left picture, my sofa chair was destroyed by my two sulcatas, I hate them but love them very much as well!


-

-

-


One of my sulcatas, ToTo, she likes exercising in the house and likes destroying all furniture, all matters with colour in green.
-
-

The tortoise on my mother's right hand is "Toto" while the tortoise on left hand is "Big Piece"
-
-
-
Profile:My sulucatas (Toto & Big Piece)
Age: 4
Gender: Male
Country of Origin: Africa
-
-
In addition, I have some tortoises like Leopard Tortoise, India Star Tortoise, Golden Greek..etc.

This is one of favorite tortoise, she has beautiful and elaborate markings on the carapace. She is a 1.5-year old Leopard Tortoise.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I have two heads of indian stars, this is one of my stars, star tortoises have a domed carapace which is different from Leopard Tortoise, their profit looks like an egg with beautiful star markings.


Unfortunately, another star died on 1 June 2007, I will miss her forever.

-
-
-

-
-

This is a female Golden Greeks, she likes extending fully her feet when she relaxes on the floor. She likes eating, playing and sleeping.
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-

-
Other tortoises
-

About 3 weeks ago, I took my sick tortoise (Kinixys Belliana Tortoise) to the veterinary hospital. The doctor told me that different tortoise species should not put together in a tank because some of them like living in high humid region, some like enjoying high temperature and eating high-fabric grains and plants.

The doctor mentioned a similar analogy in his office, he said: when the europeans arrived in the americas, they might have brought different diseases into the new native population, they like humidity and cave but americas does not provide such kind of needs with the europeans, europeans might die or illness.. likewises, my Belliana Tortiose has the same condition, so it suffered from illness, seriously, it might die and spread illness to other species.
-
To avoid mixing different tortoise species, now I put temporarily same tortoises into a tank and made them far from other species. I will try to made them homely, and try to put a man-made cave and private swimming pool in the aquarium because I think the cave will provide shelter and a good place for them to hide.
-

You are welocme to use any of these pictures if you think it would be useful to you or to others. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question or you would like to know more about tortoises.
-
Ken Ngan
10 June 2007
17:06pm HK Time

No comments: