You Are Visitors

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hiking on the stage 4 of Wilson Trail (From W047)

Dear friends

Today is a cloudy day, date on 6th in JULY
-
-
In the noon of this monday, 2 July 07, it was the public holiday following the Hong Kong Adminstrative Region Establishment Day. I selected Stage 4 of the Wilson Trail (the north-south trail) for a half-day hiking because it's in Kowloon, relatively easy to get to from my home, and can be hiked in a late afternoon.
-
I took the privileged light bus to the temple hill along the shatin pass road, and then got off the bus at the "Lion Pavilion", the pavilion is a well-known landmark for hikers and local residents. There is a small shop for soft drinks and noodles at the opposite side of the pavilion. Many hikers or TV stars like taking short break at there after their hiking or broadcasting respectively.
-

(Lion Pavilion)
-

(A beautiful toilet..........May I go to....)
-

(Starting Point- Wilson Trail Route No. W047)
-
History-
Speaking of the history, Shatin Pass is a mountain pass between Temple Hill and Unicorn Ridge in Hong Kong. It is one of major access from Kowloon south to Shatin north before the construction roads and railway. The pass is located north of populous area of Tsz Wan Shan. Many years ago, Shatin was agricultural farmland, its most famous product was "Shatin Pomelo 沙田柚", I remember that, at that time, it was a standing joke for the people who were living in Shatin District, many hong kong people always liked to call their friends to be "Shatin Friends 沙田友" because the pronunciation of "Pomelo" is exactly the same as that of "friends" in Cantonese here...

-
Brief Introductions-
The purpose of that days' hike was to check out a section of trail that I hope my friends can hike later and wanna prepare some useful hiking information for their use and preparation. From the starting point, W047, I descended into a steep trail, both sides of the trail still in the trees during the whole hike but partly along with watercourse, and the path itself is rough and uneven. It is not suitable for the elderly or kids...especially in the rainy season. The trail comes out of the forested area in about 45 minutes because almost 98 per cent of the trail are trees, watercourse...together with dirt and uneven rocks...and whatnot here. I didn't take many pictures for the hiking because a heavy rain began to fall at the time when I reached at W049. Fortunately, I brought a piece of corn (an extensible umbrella) for the hiking and I could keep dry my body..
-
Photo Sharing-
-
The following pictures are posted for your reference.

(The river come pouring down the hill, it formed a mini waterfall)
-

(watercourse....along the trail)
-


(Hay, dragonfly!,....so, where I can find Butterfly)
-

(Trail with Uneven rocks)
-
All in all, the trail is quite easy because it's a descending path, but this trail is relatively difficult and looks danagerous to the hikers because it's a dirt, humid and uneven path.. I followed the trail down and ended up in Sha Kok Estate where I caught the public bus (KMB- 89B) back to my home. I got off the privileged light bus that noon at the beginning of the stage at 16:00pm and got on the bus for home at 18:00pm.
-


(For giving more details, you may click the icons or drag the map, select placemarks by using your mouse)
-
You are welcome to visit again my webBlog here at any time convenient to you.
-
Ken Ngan
6 July 2007

1 comment:

NYC said...

sorry for seeing your message so late
but it seems like you have already solved your problems.